Product/People Management: Roadmap Development, Requirements Gathering, Planning & Estimation, Agile, Kanban, Lean Development Principles, Campus Recruitment, Mentoring, Growth Path Planning, Feedback Management, Progress Tracking
Techniques: REST APIs, Web Backends, Distributed Systems Design, Service Architectures (SOA/MSA), Data Modeling & Warehousing, Test Driven Development
January 2016 - Present
- Responsible for the architecture, design & development of the virtual analyst BI product & the underlying platform.
Consultant Architect / Technical Advisor / Mentor
February 2014 - Present
- I primarily work with startups to help them form their tech strategy and/or build their core architecture. I also occasionally advise and mentor startups on their tech stack choices, team building and related activities.
May 2015 - September 2015
- Led 4 scrum teams working on Practo Search and was part of the interview panel for Senior Engineers & Product Managers.
- Conceived new architecture for an internal data tool which reduced the new segment launch time by more than half.
- Initiated the move to service based architecture by conceiving several platform as a service projects like Search, Audit as a service & Single source of truth.
October 2014 - April 2015
- Led the team developing ML platform for business cases like fake product/listing detection, auto quality check etc. V1 of the platform was delivered on time and under budget.
- Positively influenced major design decisions by working very closely with Sr. Engineers & Platform Architects.
- Was actively involved in building small but high performing teams.
September 2012 - October 2014
- Led several engineering teams responsible for the delivery of Agent Directory, Leads Management & Ad Publishing in the Real Estate vertical.
- Initiated several successful processes like Bug Bash & Kanban for development. The team successfully squashed 120+ bugs during the first bug bash.
- Have coordinated, planned & completed over 20 high impact, production deployments apart from several small releases & hot fixes.
Co Founder & Head of Technical Operations - V Solutions
March 2009 - September 2012
- Started out as a student entrepreneur & worked with over 500 customers on their software design needs. Built apps, managed servers, domains etc.
- Built a location based consumer product which scaled to 42K+ users in 3 months.
- Learned what it takes to build & manage a team of engineers.